The organization AIS / Open Data Albania has been working with a group of students and young professionals for a year, creating a Fellowship program for empowering young people in Anti-corruption matters. This includes events held during the year such as work sessions; discussion forums; internships with the organization’s team; training and other networking events.
On the weekend of October 22nd and 23rd, members of the youth team traveled to several districts of the country on a Retreat. The event contains
– Happy Hours and Networking
– Presentation of the Organization’s Work Strategy Youth Objectives
– StartUp DataThon Albania
• The itinerary was organized with the cooperation of Fation Plaku Photography, author of Homeland Albania.
The young participants areas of significance for nature; culture, tradition and urban development of the country, such as:
– Nivica, the view over the Canyon
– Peshtura waterfall
– Labova, the beautiful area of Lunxhëria with religious and cultural monuments dating back to the 5th century.
– accommodation at Bujtina Maria, a model of agritourism and tourism business initiative, where we presented AIS new Work Strategy, with a focus on civic education and young people.
– Archaeological Park #Antigone.
– Peshtan, visit to the Italian-Greek war museum,
During the event, the Work Program was also finalized for the next event of the Network, which is DataThon Albania Financing of Political Parties, an event that will be held in December 2022.
See also some group photos.
Working with young people and empowering them against corruption is part of the implementation of the Open Data, Access and Transparency over sectors exposed to Risk of Corruption Project. The project is supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, SIDA. One of the components of the project is Youth Empowerment against Corruption – Citizen Education, Improve Fact-Checking Models.